Thursday, November 7, 2013

Netherlands, Portland, MacDowell, Oh my!

In the studio: working on sketches for a new series of installations

The next few months bring lots of firsts: first international show, first show in Portland, first time at an artist residency! I have three paintings in the group show TAGtics in Den Haag, Netherlands opening this Saturday. Really wish I could be there. I am also finishing up a new series of works on paper to be shown at Portland Center Stage in January and just got word that I have been selected for a MacDowell Colony Fellowship! Next spring, I will live and work in the New Hampshire woods for six weeks alongside 30 other artists from a variety of disciplines. Above is a new installation concept that combines some of my wood cutouts from last year's Tableau Vivant with some of the ideas from last month's Neddy at Cornish installation, Shape Shifters. Maybe this is what I will build at MacDowell...